The objectives of the network are to:
- promote research and debate on land, labour and agrarian questions towards an alternative, just and sustainable world order;
- produce knowledge relevant to the realities and ambitions of the peoples of the South;
- facilitate South-South and socially engaged research by means of systematic dialogue between researchers and activists;
- develop autonomous capacity for research and publication and intervene effectively in national and global debates;
- provide advanced training in political economy and research methods related to land, agrarian and labour questions;
- cultivate a gender sensitive research agenda and professional environment.